Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Somethings at the edge of your mind, you dont know what it is...

Alot of blogging to catch up on, but alot of work to catch up on too, so I am going to just throw out a list on some of the things that have been happening and will elaborate more when I have some time.

> I have finally, at long last, come to realize I do not need a man in my life to make me happy. I am having so much fun this summer spending time with girlfriends, old and new and just having fun.

> It is still nice to have a man attracted and interested in you and I am learning how to date without jumping into a serious, sexual relationship.

> I do kind of miss the sex thing though. LOL

> Going to see a show on Broadway is just about the most wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Seeing a show starring the Fabulous Ms. Patti LaPone just brings it to a whole other level. They really just do not make good old fashioned stars any more. She is brilliant. I had goosebumps. She is a demi-god and I worship her. Seriously.

> Spending a long summer weekend at the beach with La Petit and his best friend, making smores by a bonfire, walking along the beach watching the sunrise, root beer floats in town... just blissful.

> Learning to spend within my means, closing all of my credit card accounts and living on a cash only policy is humbling. But if feels good to not have any credit card debt.

> Letting go of the ones we love does not get any easier, but it must be, even when you think you can take them home and keep them on the right path. It is in G-ds hands now and I can still love him and have a relationship with him. On my terms.

> Bullies suck. Even more so when they are your own brother and they continue to verbally and emotionally abuse your mother.

> Being a single mom and teaching a friend who is also about to be a single mom how to pump their own gas (seriously), well, it's just good to pass on even the simplest of lifes little pleasures to help one of my own get a little stregnth.

> Alcohol. {{{sigh}}} It is destroying my family on some level, one of us at a time. I am even starting to have some concerns about my own imbibing. And as we all know, normal drinkers dont ever worry about their drinking.

> The best advice I could ever offer anyone is to relish every moment with your loved ones. When they are gone, you will miss them more than words can say.



Hope you are all well and taking some time out to enjoy the lazy days of summer.

7 comments:

Beth Blair said...

Sounds like you have a lot of things on your mind... glad to see that a good number of them are positive forces in your life... until next time, stay strong and stay safe... you are worth it.

Pammie said...

glad to see you're back Ms.Can'tPickAGoodManToSaveHerLife.

mother of drug addict said...

Keep strong, I feel the more you help others, the more you help yourself. !!! Glad your back KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS

Patricia Marie said...

Some great words of wisdom here, Kel.

Syd said...

Kel, enjoy the summer and your friends. Sometimes life is much simpler without the relationship intrigue entering into it.

Lou said...

Men.Can't live with them, and can't shoot them. Enjoy your friends, and the summer!

John Donation said...

Sorry I havent been around. Busy at work. I jealous about the credit card debt thing. Only like $25K to go for me. Lol. Its been $25K for like 10 years. Looking forward to some more bloggery. Did I ever tell you that the reason I blog is and also an in this loose network of bloggers is because I hit your blog from the Blogger front page where they cycle random blogs through. Anyway thanks. I love my blog world and you are my blog queen.