Monday, July 21, 2008

Come back, come back, don't walk away...

Had a big nasty blow out with the Prince this weekend. I invited him and the g/f over for a BBQ. However, I told them there would be rules and boundaries. No smoking in the house, when smoking outside of the house an ashtray must be used at all times (one would think this is a no brainer), "inside voices" should be used at all times even though we would be sitting out back by the pool, the f-bombs should be kept to a minimum, and there was to be absolutely no drama. NO DRAMA.

As if. The day started off OK, except he refused to respect the using of an ashtray rule and decided it was OK to bring a cigarette into the pool. Then he thought it would be OK to set off a firecracker in my backyard. Then after being told as nicely as I could muster that this was unacceptable behavior, he did it again but from my upstairs deck, dangerously close to my neighbors house, my neighbors with 4 young children that don't particularly care for me to begin with. They would walk away from the table and leave their dishes sitting there. He left his soaking wet bathing suit on my wood floors. Ditto his pool towel. Then the drama began. The g/f and him were having an argument that was causing alot of in and out of the house, slamming of deck doors and numerous walks down the block to argue.

This is when I pulled the plug and told them it was time to get picked up. The party was over. Now he starts ranting and screaming and trying to grab beer to take with them. He then started with the F- yous and how he would see me at the next holiday and what a f-ing bitch I am.

Smells like using behavior to me...

6 comments:

Syd said...

It is bad behavior for sure. I don't know about using since I've not been around someone who is an addict. But he definitely has little respect for himself or for you. I hope that he learns that he can't just break the rules in your house.

Lou said...

It smells indeed...holding my nose.
Take care of yourself Mom.

mother of drug addict said...

Try to remember that you can't Control it!!! I have no problem sending my kids home when they start in on each other. It's your place and your rules..

John Donation said...

Sounds like a successful family outing compared to what it coulda turned out like. No cops, no blood. Im actually impressed by your handling of it.

Pammie said...

If he was trying to grab beer...then yeah...that's using.
you had a rule about an ashtray, but not about beer?
..."couple drama" is the very worst for me, followed by the back talk.
Don't invite people to your home that abuse you...that could be a great rule.
Lordy girl.....some things don't change do they?

Pammie said...

whoa...wait...that sounded condescending...and I did not mean it that way.
sometimes typing does not show the goof faces and smiles.
I'M ON YOUR SIDE!!!