Saturday, June 16, 2007

They wannna make me go to rehab, I say noo. no. no...

Today, at exactly 9:42 a.m. my Prince turned 18 years old.
Seriously. My Prince is 18.
How exactly is it possible that I am old enough to be the mother of someone who is old enough to fight for his country, buy cigarettes, and play lotto, but he can not legally buy a beer; yet he has already spent close to the last 2 years of his life in rehab, and he attends both AA and NA meetings???
There is something seriously wrong with this world.

4 comments:

Syd said...

He's also been old enough to father children since probably he was a young teenager. It's biology and addiction is a biological disease. Keep the focus on yourself. I hope that Prince has a good 18th birthday. Being 18 isn't easy even when sober.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

There is lots wrong with this world but the only way we can change it is to begin with ourselves Kel.
Your kiddo will in his own time.

"Be the Change you want to see in the world" ~ Ghandi

xo

Gooey Munster said...

Happy B-D to your little? Prince. It is a heads up that he has been exposed to the fellowship, many do not discover it until waaaaaay later, and some never at all leading to tragedy.

I second what Syd and Tab said, you can only work on yourself and lead as an example, your soul deserves it. We get the message at various times, God's time, for now don't forget to smile and love yourself.

Pammie said...

Gosh, I could write a book here about mothering an addict and staying in bad marriages..but I won't. We truly can let the people around us have whatever life they want....and still be happy with our own. There is a lot out there for you...Go Get It! I hear a lot of WILLINGNESS in your writting for a better life. That really is the 1st step.