If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece, and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever.Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.
Maybe this was the work of my HP trying to tell me something? Maybe I have been so wrong in trying to define love and that maybe a real love will someday come to me?
Anyway, time for some gratitude...
- The relationship I was blessed to have shared with my Aunt for her time in this world.
- That I was able to be there for my mom in her time of need at this very painful time in her life.
- For a good job that pays me even when I have to take time off to be somewhere else.
- For the Prince seeming to want to be near me so badly lately.
- That I have my health.
- For the love and support of my blogger buddies. I cant tell you what that means to me these days.
- For my G-d who must surely have a plan for me.