Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I bet you think this song is about you...

Judith at Vicarious Rising tagged me. I don't know why it makes me feel so special to be tagged, but it does!! I'm sure I have done this one before, but I will do it again anyway, just cause Judith loves me enough to have asked....

Here are the rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.

2. Mention the rules on your blog.

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.

4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.

5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Six Unspectacular Things About Me
  1. I am a bed snob. I have yet to sleep in a bed that I feel is on par with my own. I have the most fabulous over sized king bed that my friends tease me is comparable to that slept in by the Princess in the old fable, the Princess and the Pea. I spend a ridiculous amount of money on high thread count sheets, soft blankets, and pillows. I always sleep with at least one bottle of water and my cell phone next to me, or usually hidden under a pillow. I still don't sleep very well and rarely sleep through the night.
  2. It took me well over 30 minutes to figure out how to create the link above to Judith's blog. I am feeling ridiculously proud of myself for doing so, and this feeling of pride will likely last all day and set the tone for a much better afternoon. Some times, it really is all about the little things.
  3. I love fresh cut flowers, but hate roses. I almost always have a vase of cut white flowers on the nightstand next to my (fabulous) bed in my room and a bouquet in the living room. They don't have to be expensive and they rarely are. I usually buy them from the grocery store and I love the way they look poking out from my shopping bag. Flowers just make me smile on the inside.
  4. I dress well, but do not and have not ever really had a style or a look of my own. I always aspire too, but my look is basically pretty simple, in the summer I usually wear almost all white, and the winter, its pretty much all black.
  5. I am also incredibly anal retentive when it comes to my clothes and my closets. My closes are color coordinated. It starts on one end with white blouses and goes through a spectrum of colors until it reaches the black blouses. It makes my life a lot easier and I love to look at all of my clothes all in order. I also keep my shoes in their original shoe boxes and have a collection that could be considered the poor girls Imelda collection.
  6. My children are not gifted. They are just ordinary, no special talents, not particularly good students, not athletically inclined. But to me they are the most amazing creatures on this Earth. Sometimes when I can feel how much they love me too, I think I may just burst with joy.

So that's some more unspectacular little things you didn't need to know about me, so lets hear some unspectacular stuff from: Misery Marketing, my bestest BFF Tab, Wife of Dingus, Skillz, Beth and Cat. Have fun y'all.

14 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Ohh lala Now I feel special! Thanks - I will work on it and let ya know when its up! Have a great hump day! Cat

Beth Blair said...

Thanks for the blog fodder and thinking of me, look for it soon.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

omg.I am so going to start sleeping with you know..I think we all will after reading how luxurious your bed sounds-lord knows it sound big enough too!!!!

Yep.You are a spiffy dresser.I can say so for a fact and not only that..you are freakishly athletic in high heels..lol (that had to be at least a 5k walk that day!lol)

I can't believe you don't like roses though..ya think ya know a person..that one belongs on the six weird things about me list.

hmm..what else...let's see..
Computer stuff is challenging for most people..even those not blonde.

I laughed at your anal retentive self description..'nough said.lol

And as for your kids,well,that one just about made me pop a tear..
I said almost!

I will play tomorrow..got a ton to do right now.I was out all day shopping ..you would have been so proud of me..lol...I've NEVER shopped for myself the way I did today..I'm so stoked its dangerous.

xoxo

Syd said...

You and my wife have a lot in common. She is a bed sheet fanatic. And likes shoes of all different colors. Interesting stuff.

sKILLz said...

Dam girl you got me.
Alight I'm do this one just for you...Give me a day or so and it shall be done...
PS
I always sleep with a bottle of water and my cell phone right by my bed sometimes phone under pillow.
Also my closet is VERY coordinated. Blacks with blacks, and so on. All the shoes in boxes or if they arent they are all facing the same way.

Got a few things in common I see.
Stay Up!

Syd said...

You and my wife have a lot in common. She is a bed sheet fanatic. And likes shoes of all different colors. Interesting stuff.

steveroni said...

This thing could go on forever, but I like it...all this stuff is new to me. Amazing what a group of bloggers (really highly intelligent people, I've found--but how would I know?) can cunjure.

J-Online said...

Oh how I can relate to #1 and #3. I love my huge bed with 8 pillows, fabulous sheets. I also have to change my sheets at least 3 times a week so it has that yummy downy smell. I always pamper myself with fresh flowers too! I do like roses, just not red ones from a man. Way too unoriginal!

Wait. What? said...

Just popping by to let you know I did it! Thanks for taggin me! Happy Friday - Cat

steveroni said...

Kel, I didn't know how else to contact you--so here goes. Re: Having a post ready for tomorrow. Well the 'suicide' post I had written Wednesday night--but since I had been away for several days, thought it would be a horrible way to sneak back into the blog. Later, thought it REALLY NOT such a good idea, y'all might throw me out of the "circle"...so I 'saved' it. For tomorrow. Thanks for your comment!

Judith said...

Ok, fellow bed snob, tell me your faves. I'm sooooo into nice bedding (towels too, actually).

I like envisioning you coming home from a long day with some posies peeking out of your grocery bag. It's great you treat yourself in such a sweet way.

Oh, and you sell yourself and your boys way too short. I'm a firm believer that everyone is brilliant at something. Just not everyone is perceptive enough to appreciate unusual genius.

Judith said...

Hmmm. I thought I left you a comment but I don't see it here. I don't think you wouldn't have approved it, so....

Basically what it said was that I am a believer that all children are geniuses at something, but not everyone has the perception to figure out what their particular talent is. I think your sons are wonderful in their own way and your mama-love for them is beautiful. As are you.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Get off of the floor and write a new post soon - lol -

sKILLz said...

Yo I did that tagged shit! You should feel very lucky because I have been tagged before and never did it. Yes I know shame on me but oh well.
Anyways hows everything going? come now we need a update homie!
Stay Up!