I know I don't post as often as I should, but I still read you all each and everyday and wonder if you all feel a little loss when I am not posting?
So much going on in my little slice of the world, so in the interest of keeping it brief, and not boring you all to death, if you don't mind I will just do some quick bullets....
- The Prince still posting non-stop on his facebook about getting high, etc. Still isn't working, and as far as I can tell still is not looking for work. He called last week to tell me how he got "jumped" by a bunch of kids last week outside the bar and got the sh*t beat out of him. I inquired how he was at the bar and drunk when he is both underage and unemployed. Not too mention uninsured, and he has now incurred a whole new bunch of debt from the ambulance ride and the hospital emergency room fees.
- His latest idea is to try to sign up for welfare to get money and insurance. I said that I didn't think they gave assistance to those who are healthy enough to work but choose not too. Needless to say we are not in a warm fuzzy place at the moment.
- La Petite Prince is in High School. He has met a whole new group of kids and is really coming into his own. It is a nice group of boys. His grades are good. He is starting to drop the ball a little bit this last week, turning in assignments late, etc. I am in constant communication with his teachers so I can keep on top of him. But he makes me feel good and hopeful for his future.
- A friend called me and asked if it would be OK if she were to ask out the guy I was seeing for the last year and a half, you know, the one who broke up with me via text and called my kid a mutant.... I mean really? Is this High School? Do we pass men around as if they were dispensable? I don't understand how drama attaches itself to me like white on rice...
- I went on a date with a nice man on Saturday night. It was pouring rain, and he came to my door and met me with an umbrella. Now THAT was a first in my world... It was nice and fun and easy and he made me laughed, and we kissed a little in the car like teenagers and he wants to take me to the opening game of the World Series tonight!
- My ex-husband told me recently the reason why he has been crying poverty lately, is that he got arrested for a DWI last winter, and the court costs, mandatory alcohol rehab, legal fees, probation reimbursement costs, etc. have run in him to the ten thousands. Put a cherry on top of that, he informed me that he has to report to jail tomorrow morning for 7 days as a result. I know DWI is a big deal, but something sounds a bit fishy to me that he has to serve jail time. Whatever. So not my problem anymore.
- So just trying to keep it together One Day at a Time, minding my own side of the street and keeping the pity party to a minimum.
OK, so that's me in a nutshell. You know I couldn't keep it too short.. sorry about that. Sending you all lots of love and know that I am still here and keeping up with you all each day....